I have heard reports this afternoon that the jacuzzi at Bannatyne's Health Club was less than healthy last night and upto 7 people had to visit casualty at QEQM. The first victim of the jacuzzi with more 'bite' than one would expect, apparently complained to Reception on his way out, that his blue shorts had changed colour to red and within minutes his skin began to blister with chemical burns.
His arrival at casualty caused a minor stir as a chemical contamination alert was implemented with Casualty effectively closed and staff getting into protective gear. Kent Fire and Rescue was sent to Bannatyne's and the Health Club in turn was evacuated.
It sounds like an error with the bleach or chlorine diinfectant added to the jacuzzi and has caused more of a problem than treating one of the victim's shorts as 'litmus' paper. The receptionist's offer to replace the shorts was laudable but I suspect the victim will be seeking more compensation in due course after, hopefully, a full recovery.
It just shows that we need to be very careful about what gets into our water, doesn't it? If one silly error like at Bannatyne's , were to be repeated at the proposed China Gateway and human beings are fallible, Thanet's water supply will no longer be drinkable.
If you want to know more go to http://www.savethanetswatersupply.blogspot.com